1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Expected percentages making L2 at end of KS1

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by impulce, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I am taking on the role of KS1 coord in September and have started analysing my data (Year 1s) to see what our expected results will be at the end of KS2 next year. I have about 6 children (out of a class of 26) that are working at P8 or 1C and will probably not make L2, which seems a large amount.
    Im concerned that come the end of next year, we will only have around 75% of children achieving L2. Is that really low? I cant find much online about national averages.
    I also heard a teacher mention something about an instant Ofsted if percentages drop below a certain level - is this true?
    Does anyone else have a similar amount of poor children? Are any allowances made for it being a particularly poor cohort with lots of low ability new children that started in the final term?
    Im worried im going to get the book thrown at me in my first year of coordination for poor results, wondering what 'accepted' levels are, and wondering what happens if you fall short.

Thanks

2. Hello,
    I am taking on the role of KS1 coord in September and have started analysing my data (Year 1s) to see what our expected results will be at the end of KS2 next year. I have about 6 children (out of a class of 26) that are working at P8 or 1C and will probably not make L2, which seems a large amount.
    Im concerned that come the end of next year, we will only have around 75% of children achieving L2. Is that really low? I cant find much online about national averages.
    I also heard a teacher mention something about an instant Ofsted if percentages drop below a certain level - is this true?
    Does anyone else have a similar amount of poor children? Are any allowances made for it being a particularly poor cohort with lots of low ability new children that started in the final term?
    Im worried im going to get the book thrown at me in my first year of coordination for poor results, wondering what 'accepted' levels are, and wondering what happens if you fall short.

Thanks