1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Expected attainment levels at the end of year 3, 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Wonderwoman1, May 27, 2010.

1. Wonderwoman1

Wonderwoman1 New commenter

What are the expected attainment levels for a child in English and Maths at the end of year 3, 4 and 5?

2. Wonderwoman1

What are the expected attainment levels for a child in English and Maths at the end of year 3, 4 and 5?

3. Year 2 - 2.5
    Year 4 - 3.5
    Year 6 - 4.5
    So year 3 - 2.8 / 3.2 and year 5 - 3.8 / 4.2

4. I was always told that every two years the children should make a whole level.
    Year 2 - 2B
    Year 3 - 3C
    Year 4- 3B
    Year 5- 4C
    Year 6- 4B
    Or something along those lines anyway. For definite Year 5 should be 3A/4C as an average, but it all depends on what the children started as in Reception, then Year 2. We look at value added rather than levels. As a junior school, whatever they came in at the start of Year 3, they should be 2 full levels higher by the time they leave in Year 6.
    Sorry, I'm rambling, its been a long day!

5. Year 4 is defintely 3b. I've seen both 2a and 3c for Year 3 and both 3a and 4c for Year 5.
    Idea is they should be 2b at the end of Year 2 and hit 4b at the end of Year 6. As others have said, whatever their level, you expect them to progress a whole level every two years.

6. Wonderwoman1

Thank you everyone for this information.