1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exercise DVDs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by way2serious, May 1, 2011.

1. Can anyone recommend any good exercise DVDs ? Thanks

2. Can anyone recommend any good exercise DVDs ? Thanks

3. Gillian Micheals - 30 day shred

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

biggest loser - a new you/new year, new you/the work out

and the worlds hardest/good results workout dvd............... p90x

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I use a Wii game - EA Active Personal Trainer. You don't need Wii fit, the disc comes with a resistance band and a band to strap the nunchuck to your leg for certain exercises. I have found it easier to stick with any any exercise DVDs because it is more varied.
    The boxing is particularly good stress relief!

6. I use 10 minute solutions DVDs. They have loads of varieties (dance, yoga, pilates, kickboxing) - basically you can do a 10 minute segment at a time, or combine a few sections, or do the whole thing.
    I find I'm more likely to do 10 mins of exercise in the morning than half an hour, so it works for me.
    I have a variety of them, so I can choose gentler or more vigourous exercise depending on my mood and energy levels.

7. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Not fancy classes at a gym? I've found them fantastic. I pay as I go but do 3 different ones a week, Body Pump, Combat and Interval training. Not used a DVD since used to use mums Jane Fonda video tape when I was young, but Davina had some out that were meant to be good and I think my mum bought those in Jan. xx

8. Try the keith Lemon one - It looks hilarious.

9. I would like the buy the EA Active thing - but I am a bit confused by Amazon and the link it provides. I have a Wii Fit already. Please can anyone tell me what I need to get? Would be very grateful, thanks. OP, I know this thread is not all about me. but I am putting it to the top for you at least!

10. I used the Charlie Brooks one for ages. It's a bit out of date now but still good.

11. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EA-Sports-Active-Personal-Trainer/dp/B001QTVY18/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1304340008&sr=8-4
    This is what I have. It says that it contains the game, resistance strap and leg band. If you want 2 people to use it at once you will need the accessories pack.
    There is now a version 2 which might be better. I have only used this one.
    I am part way through my second 30 day challenge. You do 2 days on and 1 day off. The work outs are about 20-25 minutes and quiet varied. You can use the Wii fit balance board with it but I don't know what difference that makes as I don't have one.

12. Thanks everyone for your ideas. Unfortunately we don't have a Wii in the house and so can't use the EA active although it does look very good and has got lots of very positive reviews.