1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exemplification of Dev. Matters

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by inky, Jan 6, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

What idiot coined that one and expected all EY practitioners to know what s/he meant?
    recognises - what a stupid way of putting it.
    Sorry, I've little faith in these mad completionist statements.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

And why on earth is recognizing rhythm in spoken words an essential question of child development?

3. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

Thank you Inky for at least not making me feel any more stupid.
    I am trying to use my 'professional judgement' to tick off some statements,(shall I admit I have no post it evidence for!) so I can give the reception teacher my assessments for the children that have just moved up this week.
    As you can tell I really believe in all this Dev matters stuff, I still haven't ticked off their sheets and they have been back 3 days

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

May2, I bet you and the reception teacher talk about the children every day. I bet many of the children's families are already part of your school's life. I bet the reception class teacher would rather share information with you than look through page after page of data.
    We have to be rigorous, and collecting reliable data is one way of being so as dependably as we can.
    But...

I've started a thread on Mad Completionism. It's probably a load of rubbish that will embarrass me tomorrow.