1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

executive summary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by melaniesharp, May 1, 2012.

1. I know this is probably going to sound very stupid but I'm currently applying for my first permanent job for several years, in a school where I have been a support and supply teacher. As I understand it I need to complete my application from (which negates the need for a CV), write a covering letter (no more than 2 A4 sides) and it's a good idea to include an executive summary?? I have no idea what an executive summary is, please explain!!!!!

2. I know this is probably going to sound very stupid but I'm currently applying for my first permanent job for several years, in a school where I have been a support and supply teacher. As I understand it I need to complete my application from (which negates the need for a CV), write a covering letter (no more than 2 A4 sides) and it's a good idea to include an executive summary?? I have no idea what an executive summary is, please explain!!!!!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

4. Definitely do one, it is amazing
    I started getting interviews after I did them and it also helps you tailor your application to the school/job description

5. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

The only problem I have with it is making it short enough! I still have a tendency to blab on and on, even in bullet point form...