1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Executive Summary & Visiting School

Discussion in 'Independent' started by privateteacher, Feb 21, 2011.

• Can someone please post a link to the article on Executive Summaries as I have gone to the welcome page and there are 3 links there that do not have any information on it. If anyone does indeed have an example of one that theywould be willing to email me then my email address is bentham_georgina@hotmail.co.uk
    • Does anyone have a view on whether there is an advantage or not of visiting a school prior to interview. I know that they will form an opinion on oneself but do Heads prefer this or does it not really matter?
    Thanks for any help.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oops!
    Private Teacher, not a good idea . . .
    Not a good idea to have your real name on the Forum, nor to have your e-mail address - you'll get spammed when the WebCrawlers find it and sell it on
    Not a good idea to ask to see any part of someone else's application, be it letter, statement or executive summary. It's all too easy to be over-influenced by it, and if your application turns up at a school with bits that are too similar to that of another candidate, you could both get rejected for plagiarism.
    The introduction to the executive summary is to be found inside one of the shortlisting clickables in the JobSeekers Welcome thread, not the Welcome thread here on Independent.
    As for visits, if the school says that they are welcome, then do try and go. If they don't mention it, then probably it is because they don't expect - or want - visits. Many indy schools, for example, woukld be overwhelmed if their applicants all visited, and wouldn't actually be able to get on with the job of teaching. Instead, they give you a full visit - often guided by pupils - on interview day.
    Best wishes
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

2. Theo
    Thanks for the quick reply. Very much appreciated.