1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

exec summary - person spec or JD?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by littlemissraw, Jun 26, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I would have thought the ES should have the key points from both (or the ones most specific to job) as the whole point is a quick overview... I'm sure Theo will give you his advice but I'd have the JD as the main exec summary as you've said that the most specific x x

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, Little Miss has got it right here.
    Make sure that you prioritise and have the main points of the job description, as that is what they will want you to be actually able to do. But also, if space in the one side (normal size - no doing it in a size 10 font!) do include some of the main things from the person spec.
    Use your common sense here in prioritising; if it says in JD things like Preparing and delivering lessons, marking and assessing, etc as spearate things, you could probably combine them with your evidence being 2 years' successful teaching Yr 4 , for example.
    Good luck!
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.