1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exclusive wedding?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Doglover, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Maybe the car company was having some pics taken for publicity/advertising?
    Maybe the car went to the wrong church?
    Maybe it was a quiet wedding with bride, groom and witnesses and they all travelled in one car?

2. The car was there for a while and no photographers spotted. No other church with the same name nearby. Small car - room for driver plus 4 if they all squashed up. Why didn't I ask the driver when I drove past?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Does the church have a notice board with the diary for the week on it? (Our church does)
    If so, you could have a peek and see if a wedding was listed for that day.

4. That's a good idea - I HAVE to know!!

5. Could you please hurry up and find out, because I HAVE to know now too ;)

6. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

The vicar has a new car.
    An unusual choice perhaps...

7. How about getting a life?

cyolba, wondering how many curtain-twitchers live in TESville :)

8. Why didn't you go into the church to have a peek?

Cyolba - I bet you twitch with the best of them[​IMG]

9. You want to witness a cyolba twitch? Get in line, girl...

cyolba, more front than Blackpool :)

10. Especially with the peach ribbon!

11. I really wish I had now!

12. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

Probably not the bridal car then. Maybe the bridesmaids got lost and turned up at the wrong church?

13. voodoo child

voodoo child New commenter

My theory is that the guests parked at the reception venue and a coach dropped them at the church and took them back to the reception. Any good?

14. Good theory, but we would have heard the coach. And there were no bells. Lost bridesmaids could be a possibility - but car was there - empty - a long time. I suppose the wedding could have been earlier when we were out, and when the guests all drove off in their cars, the battery was flat on the peach ribboned car and they left it behind.