1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Excluding for head lice?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Ibuzzybea, May 18, 2011.

1. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

Wherever I have worked this has been a HUGE NO!! I just can't find official guidane only that the 1996 ed act makes provision for this after stipulations for some officer to look at hair but these officers don't exist anymore. What about pre schools though anyone got some info???

2. Ibuzzybea

Wherever I have worked this has been a HUGE NO!! I just can't find official guidane only that the 1996 ed act makes provision for this after stipulations for some officer to look at hair but these officers don't exist anymore. What about pre schools though anyone got some info???

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

The little b@st@rds are everywhere. I used to support an exclusion policy but now I'd rather push for compensation!

Only joking.

Nitty Nora used to miss a lot of nits.

4. Advice I have been given is that children can be examined by first aider who can then report to parent and give advice to treatment. There are a few learning programmes to help parents understand how to treat head lice. I gave out a slighty threatening letter and information booklet before Easter because it was getting very silly and we haven't had any problems since.

5. Ibuzzybea

http://schools.norfolk.gov.uk/myportal/custom/files_uploaded/uploaded_resources/3093/DepartmentalGuidance2003.doc this is the most useful info I've found