1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exciting Y9 Projects

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by golden78, May 1, 2012.

1. We have suffered a dramatic drop in students opting for Food at GCSE and am looking for new project ideas that people do with Y9 students.
    Hope there is someone that can help me out.

2. We have suffered a dramatic drop in students opting for Food at GCSE and am looking for new project ideas that people do with Y9 students.
    Hope there is someone that can help me out.

3. Why not try it as a young apprentise idea with pupils in small groups deciding on a product to make after researching the demand, then selling the product with the money going to 'charity' or an incentive where by they make a little themselves after giving some to charity. They will still have to do a presentation to a dragon den style panel.

4. Spencer_DT

Spencer_DT Occasional commenter

Check out the 100's of resources in the secondary design technology, food tech section of the resource bank. I have no doubt that you will be able to find a great number of resources and topics which would help you in your task. Please remember to leave a review of those resources which you decide to download.

Cheers

Spencer