1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exciting Voyage and Return story ideas for year 3

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MissTeach10, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hi people!
    I am currently racking my brains and trying to come up with a voyage and return story for my year 3s. Lots of boys so gotta be a good one! We usually stick with the story for 3 or 4 weeks so exciting stories only!
    I have pencilled in The Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland (the boys will be fine with these stories btw!) but just wondering if anybody else has any fab ideas. We follow the Talk for Writing way of things so I've got no problems editing/typing up a 'Pie Corbett version' of the story. Just need ideas!
    Thank you all!!

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

There's a pie Corbett story called 'Kidnapped' which my boys loved. It could be a bit tricky for Y3 because it includes a flashback. However, with lots of practise, it can be done. Our Y3's studied the story (not my class) and did some good stories. They are quite bright though.
    Just read your post again, it's not quite a voyage but still worth a look.
    Kensuke's Kingdom but again, may be a little old for them. This is hard...

3. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look at kidnapped and see if any editing can be done!
    I should've said that the class ability is mainly below national expectations. It is really tricky...don't even get me started on the rebirth story!! [​IMG]

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Gulliver?