1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exciting Learning and progress in Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by cate50, May 6, 2012.

1. cate50

cate50 New commenter

arrrggggghhhhh.....this is the title for a ten minute interview presentation that I have to give. I am asuming that they want me to describe what I would ideally like to see in terms of learning and progress in an outstanding "Exciting" music classroom. Is that what everyone else reads?? I have talked about idependant learning, Creative exploration, sharing of work and constructive and timely feedback, Experience of live music making and listening.
    Anything else would be greatfully recieved as I am worying that I have missed something or....worse....totally missed the entire point!!!!

Thanks all

Cate
    P.s The interview is for a Lead Teacher in Music position in a middle school.

2. cate50

cate50 New commenter

arrrggggghhhhh.....this is the title for a ten minute interview presentation that I have to give. I am asuming that they want me to describe what I would ideally like to see in terms of learning and progress in an outstanding "Exciting" music classroom. Is that what everyone else reads?? I have talked about idependant learning, Creative exploration, sharing of work and constructive and timely feedback, Experience of live music making and listening.
    Anything else would be greatfully recieved as I am worying that I have missed something or....worse....totally missed the entire point!!!!

Thanks all

Cate
    P.s The interview is for a Lead Teacher in Music position in a middle school.

3. It depends if you read the word "exciting" as an adjective or a verb. You may need not only address what an "exciting" music lesson looks like but also how you would inspire other teachers to reach this goal.
    My thing, at the moment, is to concentrate on setting really open ended tasks where the students take muchmore responsibility for their own learning and the direction they want to take - it's really hard because I actually like to control lwhat students learn quite closely. But they love it.