1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

exciting ideas/topic/activies to do in class. lets share!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minky4uk44, May 24, 2011.

1. Hello everyone.
    As anyone got any exciting ideas to do in class, projects, anything etc. Lets share ideas.
    I have done the pringle challenge. Children planned and designed packaging and sent one pringle to another school in the post. The aim was for the pringle to still be in one piece when it reached the other school. The children loved it.
    Also done a project called flour babies, children made thier own baby out of flour and had to look after it, keep a diary, take it to our children centre to be weighed etc, was really fun.
    Any one got any other ideas to share?

2. Hello everyone.
    As anyone got any exciting ideas to do in class, projects, anything etc. Lets share ideas.
    I have done the pringle challenge. Children planned and designed packaging and sent one pringle to another school in the post. The aim was for the pringle to still be in one piece when it reached the other school. The children loved it.
    Also done a project called flour babies, children made thier own baby out of flour and had to look after it, keep a diary, take it to our children centre to be weighed etc, was really fun.
    Any one got any other ideas to share?

3. manic28

manic28 New commenter

Hello Minky,
    How about a cocktail/mocktail project?
    I've done it 6 times with my Y5 class and have shared the resources I have used on TES resources. Link below...
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Cocktail-Party-6050314/
    Great for ends of terms, SATs week afternoons etc. Includes persuasive writing, instructional writing, ICT database work, art and DT.
    Hope it's some use. Andy.

4. Ive just looked at your project sounds great thanks. Thought it would be a good idea if every one shared something they have done in school, something exciting and creative that others can trail out in thier schools.