1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exchange to British Columbia, Canada Sept 2011??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by coldsnap, Oct 13, 2010.

1. I am a British trained teacher living in Northern British Columbia, Canada. I am a fulltime teacher in a wonderful school working with 5-8 year olds.
    I have been approved to seek out a one year teaching exchange for the school year beginning Sept 2011. This exchange would be facilitated by this organisation www.ceef.ca who work with my school district.
    A teaching exchange means that your LEA or whatever authority would approve a swap with me, you would receive your UK salary and I would receive my Canadian one, we exchange houses and possibly cars. My school has had several exchange teachers over the years.
    I will be coming over with my husband who will be on sabbatical from his job as the Director of Counselling at our local university, UNBC. Our youngest child will be coming with us too. he will have just graduated from high school here.
    I would like to ideally exchange with a teacher in a rural community. I enjoy working within the community and my passion outside school is organising a national music festival www.coldsnapfestival.com . Church schools are okay too.
    Our small city [88,000] is 4 hours [not far by our standards] from Jasper, great skiing in the Rockies and Vancouver not too far
    Perhaps I will hear from someone!! Serious inquiries only please.
    Jo Beattie
    Prince George,BC

2. I presume that because of the date of your post, you are no longer interested in an exchange? I am interested so if you still are or you know someone who might be interested, please email me (scottishdebbie@hotmail.com) Thanks,

Debbie