1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

excessive talking

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by g.connor, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I am working with kids with mld, one little boy in particular has problems with talking out of turn, he is constantly talking. i could be doing our letter sound and he will start talking about how nice my hair is, or how he was building a house last night? i have tried to you good listening stickers and a talking stick for cirlce time, but this doesnt seem to be working. anyone any ideas?

2. I am working with kids with mld, one little boy in particular has problems with talking out of turn, he is constantly talking. i could be doing our letter sound and he will start talking about how nice my hair is, or how he was building a house last night? i have tried to you good listening stickers and a talking stick for cirlce time, but this doesnt seem to be working. anyone any ideas?

3. maybe try a quick prompt such as "tell me later" using a low voice. You are acknowledging him but also not responding to his topic.