1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Excellent student made resource

Discussion in 'Independent' started by poneill278, Jul 15, 2017.

1. poneill278

poneill278 New commenter

Click watch..like ....

2. poneill278

poneill278 New commenter

Any feedback ?

3. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

The graphics are good and there is a lot of information presented in an imaginative way but I found the voiceover monotonous at times and difficult to understand. A clearer, more engaging voiceover would help maintain interest.

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

It doesn't look like it will be my kind of thing, so I didn't watch it.

Can't see why you need feedback on something made by a student, surely you give the feedback?

5. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Made it to 1:10 but then got too bored. Sorry.

6. Trendy Art

Trendy Art Star commenter

Having 1:47 of intro loses viewers straight away. If someone was on YouTube, they'd be gone after 10 seconds (and that's generous). It picks up the pace after this and is good. I think it needs ruthless editing to get it under 4 minutes to maintain the attention.

Try posting it in the Computing and ICT forum as that's a more appropriate audience for this, if you haven't already.

I congratulate the student for their efforts as the way it's presented is cleverly constructed. Given it's presumably an early foray into video production they should certainly keep going to make Part 2.

poneill278 likes this.
  7. poneill278

poneill278 New commenter

Thank you for all of your feedback, it has been received and appreciated. It has been useful for the student to gain a variety of feedback.

Thanks

Mr O'Media

8. poneill278

poneill278 New commenter

Thank you for taking the time to watch it and for suggestion of the forum, it is early days for the student youtuber...

9. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

How old is the student?

Researching by watching many YouTube video clips might help to make it pacier. These kind of videos need to be really short and punchy in order to hold interest - I'd aim for a couple of minutes, not seven. Or make several short instalments.
    Agree that the intro needs to be much shorter, although I can see it matches the music chosen! Plunge straight in. The pace picks up once the video begins, but I'd recommend the music volume level is taken down further so the voice-over can be heard more clearly.

galerider123 likes this.
  10. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

The visuals for this are great. But the voice speaks too quickly and not clearly enough and makes it really hard work to keep listening. I lasted until about three and a half minutes until I had had enough. I would have quite liked a greenscreened person talking...it might have linked the rapidly changing visuals and given it more personality. A very sophisticated piece of work though..the student should be very proud of what they have achieved so far.