1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Excellent Service.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lurk_much, Jul 20, 2011.

1. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Peak Park Ranger Service. - & Land Agent.
    My dad is tending to the demented. He regularly gets stuck climbing over a chained field gate near his house. My mum cannot get him down and has to ask passers-by for help. I rang the PPRS and asked if we could have a pedestrian stile/gate, please. It is being built tomorrow.
    Thank You.
    -------------------------------------
    Leave you plaudit here.

2. lurk_much

Peak Park Ranger Service. - & Land Agent.
    My dad is tending to the demented. He regularly gets stuck climbing over a chained field gate near his house. My mum cannot get him down and has to ask passers-by for help. I rang the PPRS and asked if we could have a pedestrian stile/gate, please. It is being built tomorrow.
    Thank You.
    -------------------------------------
    Leave you plaudit here.

3. Wow! That is excellent service.

4. Wow! That's really impressive.
    Wouldn't it be lovely if everything got done so quickly.

5. lurk_much

I offered to pay any costs. They said that they have a few gate kits spare and a team in the area. Quite a few walkers climb the same gate because it does join open access land to a public footpath. There probably should have been a stile there anyway and the farmer's chain is new. But still it was so quick and straightforward I have to be impressed.

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Yeah...

... until the farmer blocks it all off with barbed wire.

7. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Not only an example of good customer service, but also a classic case of 'if you don't ask, you don't get'.
    Good on you!

8. lurk_much

no, the gate will have been chained to stop his animals being released accidentally and or stolen. He has no problem with a stile.

9. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Lucky you. I've been on many a walk to find blocked stiles, or massively overgrown with nettles, and even footpath signs ripped out.

10. lurk_much

Ther are some rubbish farmers but Wally who rents the land opposite my dad's house is okay.

11. He must be OK, if his name is Wally ;)