1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Excellent OCR Nationals ICT Resources?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jweb2k, May 10, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone uses any particuarly good OCR Nationals L2 (2010) resources? We've a couple of hundred pounds to bulk up our teaching resources and I'd love to find something in this area. We've got the excellent smart learning books for KS3, but KS4 seems a little thin on the ground at the moment. I'd consider investing in the Pearson books if they weren't out of date - no-one seems to have jumped on the 2010 bandwagon yet.
    Any thoughts on paid resources you've found particuarly impressive? Ideally looking for interactive board resources, videos or pupil help books/sheets!
    (Yes I know there's lots of free resources out there - but while the money is available to spend specifically on resources we need to capitalize on it!)

2. cj3

cj3

classmate books do some 2010 resources - online tutorials and sample projects - we quite like them. http://www.classmatebooks.co.uk/

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Hi
    Do you have a VLE and if so which "make"

4. Moodle: Broken Edition (v2)

Cheers cj3, will have a look!

5. Thanks Notrom, I've used ZigZag's resources before but sadly found them very hit or miss.
    Looked at boardworks software but found it expensive, thinking about Daydream Education's interactive and VLE resources.

Any other suggestions? They don't necessarily need to be OCR Nationals resources if you've got some good KS4 bits - I can see us all moving away from the qualification in the next 5 years.

6. No worries, I appreciate the thought!
    We churn out lots of self-created resources each year, mini-websites, VLE content, flash animations and PHP-backend games for pupils but as the money is available to replace a KS4 resources fund we've dived into with incorrect software previously, we need to spend on resources only. Annoying, as I quite fancied a couple of cheap iPad clones....

7. Incorrect = ****, for those wondering.

8. I also advocate ClassMate Books. Tracking resources are particularly good.