1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Excel 2010 question

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Jun 16, 2011.

1. I know I am a bit blind but where do I find the pivot table option?
    It used to be under Data...now it isn't (I have had Excel 2003 for yonks - now work has decided we all have the pleasure of working with 2010).

2. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

It's the 'Insert' tab in 2007.

3. ah, thanks! I guess in 2010 as well then.
    I am also having to get used to the English terms. Old version was German.
    I also now have Outlook 2010 and that is taking some getting used to too.
    And don't even ask me about Word [​IMG]
    (on the whole, I am fairly impressed though).

4. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

Must admit, I like it [​IMG]

5. On the whole, I do too. It is just taking a bit of getting used to!

6. I admit I also had a moment of glee today when I asked my 23 year old "whizz" colleague where to find the pivot option and he asked me "what is a pivot table?"
    He didn't know what the snip it tool is either. He has been doing his screenshots with the print button and pasting into word/excel/paint.Ha!
    One up for the oldies!

7. are you giving up on OO then?

8. No - I have OO at home.
    I am speaking of work, where I am lumped with the software they give me [​IMG]

9. we had a printer whose instructions were in german, and we never worked out how to change it
    how hard is 'nur schwarze tint' to remember?
    word on the other hand - mr p bought an old word disc on ebay for me, as 2010 word won't let you just scan pictures in (it's not that i can't work out how, i went thro 'help' and ended up on a screen that said, in effect 'ha! ha! you can't do it anymore!') and i do that a lot, so....

10. Probably about as impossible for me to click duplex and avoid printing on zillions of separate pages.
    I have tried setting it as default but it never sticks.
    And then I forget.
    I also forget to click on only print b/w (at work - at home I am not so stressed) and have glorious colours - for my filing system.