1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

examples of musical textures - modern day songs

Discussion in 'Music' started by misssmusic, Oct 10, 2011.

1. misssmusic

misssmusic New commenter

Hi,

I am preparing a lesson on textures (polyphonic, monophonic, homophonic, hetrephonic) for a KS3 group and have classical musical examples of textures but would really like some more modern day/rock/pop examples to show them............

Anyone done this/ have any good examples please?

Thanks!

2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Lead commenter

Given that the vast majority of pop music has a homophonic texture, I think you may be hard pressed to find find a range of examples of any length.

3. tanbur

tanbur New commenter

4. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

You will have to dig about a bit, but there is a music DVD series called "Music is.........." It was made in the late 70ties early 80ties, but the the one you want is " Music is Style". The presenter was one conductor called Murray Sidlin. It is an amazing analysis of how to quite accurately describe the Styles from Baroque to 20th Century. My copy is worn to death. It's dated, but does the biz!! Good luck!