1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Examples of KS3 Work

Discussion in 'Music' started by katanga, Dec 14, 2011.

1. katanga

katanga New commenter

Good morning,
    I know this is always a sore topic and national curriculum levels are not designed to be used on individual pieces of work but does anyone know where I can find examples of, say a level 3 performance/composition. We are in the process of changing our assessment procedures and will hopefully not use levels for for assessing individual pieces, but I need to do some research anyway. I thought the QCDA site had them but I just can't find them anywhere on the site and when I type in the specific web address it just takes me to the homepage.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

The National Curriculum in Action used to provide just what you needed.
    Unfortunately it seems to have been wiped off the web [​IMG] I have searched for some time to see if I can get a link for you.
    This is the link that ought to have the exemplification of foundation subjects, but it doesn't allow you to go to the selection:
    http://www.teachfind.com/qcda/nc-action-assessment-key-stages-3-4-national-curriculum
    It always takes you to here:
    http://www.teachfind.com/qcda/nc-action-assessment-key-stages-3-4-national-curriculum
    So frustrating! [​IMG]
    Perhaps someone will either have a link to an archive or an alternative source of examples.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

3. katanga

katanga New commenter

Thank you for looking! I had the same problem and I'm glad its not just me that got frustrated being redirected to pointless sites. I wonder why they took it off - in terms of standardisation it would be really useful.
    Never mind.
    Thanks again.