1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Examples of character and setting descriptions. Please help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tigerfrog, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Years ago I had a great book that gave loads and loads of really good examples of both character and setting descriptions taken from different authors. The class I am teaching this year need a real boost as regards writing and imagination!!! I would like to give them a good example of a short description each moring as part of moring work to further their owns ideas and discussions. BUT I can't find the book!!! Anyone out there know of a book or website that might be useful?
    Be great to hear from anyone that could help me.
    Thanks

2. Hi,
    Years ago I had a great book that gave loads and loads of really good examples of both character and setting descriptions taken from different authors. The class I am teaching this year need a real boost as regards writing and imagination!!! I would like to give them a good example of a short description each moring as part of moring work to further their owns ideas and discussions. BUT I can't find the book!!! Anyone out there know of a book or website that might be useful?
    Be great to hear from anyone that could help me.
    Thanks

3. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Could it be the Pie Corbett writing models books?