1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Example tasks for Level descriptors?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by amunt, Apr 13, 2011.

1. amunt

amunt New commenter

I'm new to teaching ICT and I'm not sure what some of the level descriptions are getting at exactly. E.g. 'Explain how and why the use of ICT varies in and out of school'.
    Is there anywhere that gives concrete examples/task of the different descriptions.

Many thanks for any help.

2. Google the exact phrase of the Level Descriptor and you'll often come up with lesson plans / tasks that support that particular one!

3. We do 3 assessed units per year and at the end of each the students complete a 10-12 question self-assessment. I always ask them to describe how they could do [x] without a computer, 2 reasons wh this might be better, 2 reasons why the ICT solution might be better and 2 situations where they might use their skills form this unit outside their ICT lessons.

4. amunt

amunt New commenter

That's great. Thanks for all the advice. I'll check out those suggestions- I like the idea of the questions in the self assessment.