1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Example of year 8 end of year exam

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by soux, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Does anyone have any examples of a year 8 exams. PDF or .doc

I am writing an entrance exam we start at year 9 and don't have resources do anything would be gratefully recieved.

I have the MEP tests but they are unsuitable for a variety of reasons.

kevin.oc7@gmail.com

thanks in advance

2. Does anyone have any examples of a year 8 exams. PDF or .doc

I am writing an entrance exam we start at year 9 and don't have resources do anything would be gratefully recieved.

I have the MEP tests but they are unsuitable for a variety of reasons.

kevin.oc7@gmail.com

thanks in advance

3. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Is the exam to decide who to let in, or to assess them at the start (if it's the latter do they not come up with optional test levels?) We send our pupils up with Optional test levels, they're not retested at the start of Yr 9

4. The students arrive with recomendations from their Primary school teacher, the testing is very different from how I would like. We test and set them when they arrive. We are not a school in the UK but follow the UK schemes adapted to our needs. I want to issue a specimen exam so that students and parents know what to expect, its not to decide who can enter the school.

The above link is brochure to buy resources, are there any specimen papers online at this level?

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

You can download PDF versions from the QCA site I believe?

Failing that use old KS3 tests, the Year 8 optionals are tiers 4-6 and 5-7 , so just pick appropriate tiers from Year 9 KS3 papers, you can see them all on Emaths in the student section very easily.