1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Examining

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Mister DRH, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hi
    Did anyone mark for aqa gcse this year ? Is it true they don't write / comment on the CA writing?

2. Hi
    Did anyone mark for aqa gcse this year ? Is it true they don't write / comment on the CA writing?

3. I didn't but I am looking forward to seeing the marks when they come

4. Hi,

I marked writing CA for edexcel and we just put in the marks.

5. Well I emailed AQA and they said that their examiners would not be writing on the CA Writing Papers, rather just awarding a mark. And papers will be returned to schools before the results date. How on earth can they stand over the mark they award??? This will be interesting.....

6. I'm interested in the fact that the papers will be returned before the results date. Will they have a mark written on? I bet they won't. Let's just hope that the UMS will be on the results sheet that pupils get (and myself!). Then again, I would love to see the UMS

7. henriette

henriette New commenter

They always returned the speaking in advance of results date and never gave you any comment/feedback, so I cannot see it will be anydifferent for CAW

8. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

AQA didn't return speaking recordings for the legacy specification at all. Schools did get feedback sheets which our exams officer distributed around the results date. Writing scripts for exams were not returned either. Examiners used to annotate the writing scripts to help them to arrive at marks which were written on the scripts. I doubt this will happen with controlled assessments. Writing coursework was returned to centres without annotations.
    As an experienced former examiner for writing, I'm curious to see how my marks for writing match with the examiner's! If there's any significant difference, I will be asking for a re-mark. It must be much more difficult for less experienced examiners now as they will feel under pressure knowing that centres will have pre-marked controlled assessments for writing, if only to decide which pieces to forward to the exam board as the 'two best'. It would be easier for speaking examiners, in my opinion, as they agree or disagree with the marks awarded by centres.

9. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

Well that's new TES! An edit button after a reply has been posted. [​IMG]
    No excuse now to leave stupid errors in posts.

10. ambi

ambi New commenter

We always got our writing coursework backfrom AQA previously but not with annotations