1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

examiner/moderator for edexcel experience

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by shades14, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I have been qualifed a couple of years. Have about one years experience in total doing ICT BTEC level 3, OCR level 2, DIDA, and general ks3.
    Under those circumstance can I apply for any posts with edexcel moderating GCSE or ICT Diploma qualifcation in ICT? or do you have to have taught those subjects specifically?
    In other words do you have to have that specific experience for each certificate in order to be able to exam it or moderate it?
    Any advice would help [​IMG]

2. I have been qualifed a couple of years. Have about one years experience in total doing ICT BTEC level 3, OCR level 2, DIDA, and general ks3.
    Under those circumstance can I apply for any posts with edexcel moderating GCSE or ICT Diploma qualifcation in ICT? or do you have to have taught those subjects specifically?
    In other words do you have to have that specific experience for each certificate in order to be able to exam it or moderate it?
    Any advice would help [​IMG]

3. I examined for Edexcel in my first year of teaching, for AQA in my second year having never taught the qualification I examined (A Level ICT).

Go for it; they'll take you.

Whats to lose?

4. Thanks, unfortunately I have had a quibble with the recruitment team, they said because I havent actually taught GCSE, I can't be an examiner or a moderator, which I find strange, I have sent an email asking them to look into this

5. Hi,
    Aologies for any issues that you may have experienced. I see that you are in contact with aarecruitment@edexcel.com to clarify the issue.
    If you have any further queries regarding the GCSE ICT qualification itself, please do not hesitate to contact me manjit.heer@edexcel.com.
    Manjit Heer
    Pearson UK

6. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I love the way edexcel get in touch on here and yet try and get an answer on a qualification and the answers are always different/not forthcoming!
    Personally I would not touch edexcel with a 10ft pole as after all they have what must be the most expensive rented offices of any board and are owned by pearson!!!!
    Maybe they could move to a cheaper office block not one just down the road from bloomsbury and reduce all our examinatuon fees....any reply from edexcel I await to see if they are so quick getting back!!!

7. I have nothing good at all to say about Edexcel as all my experiences of support and quality and trying to get issues resolved are negative, so I for one will not post any comments about this private company.