1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exam technique observation - ideas?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by l0vaduck, Apr 29, 2012.

1. I've used both of these techniques successfully with GCSE classes so it sounds good to me. The other thing that's a bit more "fun" that I've done to encourage students to develop answers is to play a variation of consequences - each student writes one sentence of an answer then they pass them along with in the group and the next person has to continue their answer by developing it - they are not allowed to start a new point.

2. I use flip chart paper, split the group into pairs, then write the answer to a longer question. I give each pair four different coloured pens and say that they must use a seperate colour for knowledge, application, analysis and evaluation. Each answer must have two paragraphs plus a conclusion. The put these round the room and use a gallery approach where students put post its with their name on against the one they think would get most marks.