1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exam certificates

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by sandler, Jan 19, 2016.

1. sandler

sandler New commenter

Hi all,

I am about to start applying for Maths jobs but I cannot seem to find my exam certificates anywhere! 3 house moves in a just over year after my wonderful husband left me they are no where to be seen. Any suggestions as to what I can do about it?

Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sometimes they can be found in your Mum's loft . . . otherwise you will need to contact the Examining Bodies (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) to enquire for duplicates.

Get in touch with your University first as that is most important.

Best wishes

3. sandler

sandler New commenter

Thanks TheoGriff. My exam results were so long ago I am not sure I even know the awarding bodies let alone whether they are still in existence. I have had them in my possession in the last 5 years so will continue to have a good search around. I will see what the University can do as that is my sure fire win :)

Thanks.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

May have details on the last application that you made - on your computer perhaps?

Best wishes

sandler likes this.
  5. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

There may be a remote hope that your school still holds the records somewhere. I know our HT's PA is an expert at this - she is still getting requests for O Level information from the 1960s, she says! (I have no idea at all why anyone should want to know exam results from that long ago.) She and her predecessors have had a "file just in case" approach rather than a "clear out the filing cabinet" blitz!

sandler likes this.
  6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Golly, that is some impressive filing system!

Best wishes

7. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

Just a row of lever arch files (some in a cupboard somewhere, recent ones in the office!