1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exam / Assessment Review

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by JamesCMartin, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Hi,

My school gives full exams for every year group at the end of every half term (Year 7 & 8 SATS papers, Years 9, 10, 11 GCSE). I always do an exam review lesson after marking them which normally consists of me going over what they should've done. I'm after any good ideas for how I can make this process a bit more student centred and less of me stood at the front explaining the answers.

Any thoughts appreciated, I am lacking inspiration.

Thanks

James

2. GoldMaths

GoldMaths New commenter

Check out my resources the exam analysis I have been doing as adapted through the years but has similar theme, always been quiet useful and the latest one(s) have PLCs that you can give to students.

3. I know what you mean. Last assessment I got students to go around the room and find someone who'd got their wrong question correct. This student then hadto explain how to do the question. For ones they all got wrong, I did a similar question on boaed then asked them to try their question again.