1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Exam appeals from overseas

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by rachel_g41, Sep 16, 2011.

1. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Occasional commenter

This is not a specific overseas enquiry but I realise that the costs and procedures may be different from overseas.
    Several of our students have appealed their Edexcel exam grades and in several subjects. Most of them have had their grades increased as a result.

However it's costing them a fortune. I was under the impression that if a grade was increased then there was no charge for the appeal. Is this wrong?

2. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Occasional commenter

This is not a specific overseas enquiry but I realise that the costs and procedures may be different from overseas.
    Several of our students have appealed their Edexcel exam grades and in several subjects. Most of them have had their grades increased as a result.

However it's costing them a fortune. I was under the impression that if a grade was increased then there was no charge for the appeal. Is this wrong?