1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ex-Student/Science Teacher Relationship (Ex-Student 25 and Teacher 52)?

Discussion in 'Science' started by PeggyLuXXX, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi there,

So here I begin... My name is Lin and I am 25 years old. I left School in 2002 and ever since I was 14 I always had a crush on my Chemistry Teacher (whom I am not going to name but we'll call him 'P' as this is his 'First Name Initial') and this feeling has never gone away and there are a few factors which indicate to me that he may like me too. Now, I know this might be pie in the sky but then again, it might not. What have I got to lose my asking him and to gain from not asking him? He can either say "Yes" or "No". I am not deluded (no Schizophrenia jokes please as will be explained further on).

Anyway.. I will make the following factors as to indicate why I think there could be a possibility he might like me too (Give me your opinions honestly if you agree or disagree) in order of relevance...

[1]. At School, my Form Room was right next door to his in the Science block and I'd get told to leave the room for misbehaving and his door would always be open and I'd pop my head round his door and he'd come outside and chat to me for like 10 Minutes of 40 Minutes 'Form Time'.

[2]. He caught me truanting a few times and never reported me.

[3]. When I had him as a Teacher for Chemistry, he used to let me get away with anything I wanted like wearing a Nose stud, chewing gum and talking, yet others he'd get really annoyed at.

[4]. I once bought him a box of Thornton's chocolates for X-Mas when I was 14 and he told me that if he could, he'd kiss me.

[5]. When I was 18, I thought I would go up to the School and see him and he gave me a hug and quick kiss and said "It's legal now". He told me I could go up and see him at any time. (Since 18 - 25 I have seen him about 6 times)

[​IMG]. Last year, I went up to see him with my Friend and we sat talking for about Half An Hour and he brought up the topic of 'Ex-Student/Teacher Relationships' and how nobody would want him.

[7]. The second topic he brought up was that he had always wanted kids but didn't have anyone to have them with.

[​IMG]. The third topic he brought up was that it was just him, on his own with his dog for company.

Now, I don't know about you guys but does this sound like big hints to you? Like I said, I could just be clutching at nothing here but there is always a chance. It is 50/50 would you say? I am 25 and he is 52. Age isn't such a big deal and shouldn't be a barrier. Plus now it is perfectly legal.

I gave him some X-Mas presents of Dec 2010 and Dec 2011 I went up to see him but he wasn't in his room as he was doing 'School Bus Duty' and I haven't been back since but intend to go in about 2 Weeks time to give him his belated X-Mas presents and also a Letter stating how I feel about him.
    I dare not tell him to his face as I feel I could cope better with rejection in the form of an E-Mail or Letter in reply to mine. I know I am yellow but it's the only way I can do it. I just don't have the guts to do it by any other method.

In my Letter I have mentioned that I don't want to make him feel awkward but that I have liked him for a long time and I am under no illusion that I actually know him well as a person but am fairly close to him to a degree in a few different contexts. I continue to say that I understand if the feeling isn't reciprocated but could he let me know by either E-Mailing me or writing me a Letter in response to mine. I also said I want to be there for him and he doesn't have to be lonely and if he feels the same then we could get to know each other, maybe go for a coffee or to the cinema. I said if he doesn't feel the same way then I totally understand. The Letter is 3 sheets of A4 anyway. I intend to tell him to please read in private.

So do you think he may feel same way and he was hinting or am I reading along the wrong lines with this? Should I give him the Letter? Do you think he will even bother to respond or throw it in the dust-bin?

Genuine opinions valued greatly.
    Thanks and sorry for the long winded 'Question'.
    (Oh and if it makes any difference, I am a diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic which 'P' knows about already.)

Lin. x

2. Hi there,

So here I begin... My name is Lin and I am 25 years old. I left School in 2002 and ever since I was 14 I always had a crush on my Chemistry Teacher (whom I am not going to name but we'll call him 'P' as this is his 'First Name Initial') and this feeling has never gone away and there are a few factors which indicate to me that he may like me too. Now, I know this might be pie in the sky but then again, it might not. What have I got to lose my asking him and to gain from not asking him? He can either say "Yes" or "No". I am not deluded (no Schizophrenia jokes please as will be explained further on).

Anyway.. I will make the following factors as to indicate why I think there could be a possibility he might like me too (Give me your opinions honestly if you agree or disagree) in order of relevance...

[1]. At School, my Form Room was right next door to his in the Science block and I'd get told to leave the room for misbehaving and his door would always be open and I'd pop my head round his door and he'd come outside and chat to me for like 10 Minutes of 40 Minutes 'Form Time'.

[2]. He caught me truanting a few times and never reported me.

[3]. When I had him as a Teacher for Chemistry, he used to let me get away with anything I wanted like wearing a Nose stud, chewing gum and talking, yet others he'd get really annoyed at.

[4]. I once bought him a box of Thornton's chocolates for X-Mas when I was 14 and he told me that if he could, he'd kiss me.

[5]. When I was 18, I thought I would go up to the School and see him and he gave me a hug and quick kiss and said "It's legal now". He told me I could go up and see him at any time. (Since 18 - 25 I have seen him about 6 times)

[​IMG]. Last year, I went up to see him with my Friend and we sat talking for about Half An Hour and he brought up the topic of 'Ex-Student/Teacher Relationships' and how nobody would want him.

[7]. The second topic he brought up was that he had always wanted kids but didn't have anyone to have them with.

[​IMG]. The third topic he brought up was that it was just him, on his own with his dog for company.

Now, I don't know about you guys but does this sound like big hints to you? Like I said, I could just be clutching at nothing here but there is always a chance. It is 50/50 would you say? I am 25 and he is 52. Age isn't such a big deal and shouldn't be a barrier. Plus now it is perfectly legal.

I gave him some X-Mas presents of Dec 2010 and Dec 2011 I went up to see him but he wasn't in his room as he was doing 'School Bus Duty' and I haven't been back since but intend to go in about 2 Weeks time to give him his belated X-Mas presents and also a Letter stating how I feel about him.
    I dare not tell him to his face as I feel I could cope better with rejection in the form of an E-Mail or Letter in reply to mine. I know I am yellow but it's the only way I can do it. I just don't have the guts to do it by any other method.

In my Letter I have mentioned that I don't want to make him feel awkward but that I have liked him for a long time and I am under no illusion that I actually know him well as a person but am fairly close to him to a degree in a few different contexts. I continue to say that I understand if the feeling isn't reciprocated but could he let me know by either E-Mailing me or writing me a Letter in response to mine. I also said I want to be there for him and he doesn't have to be lonely and if he feels the same then we could get to know each other, maybe go for a coffee or to the cinema. I said if he doesn't feel the same way then I totally understand. The Letter is 3 sheets of A4 anyway. I intend to tell him to please read in private.

So do you think he may feel same way and he was hinting or am I reading along the wrong lines with this? Should I give him the Letter? Do you think he will even bother to respond or throw it in the dust-bin?

Genuine opinions valued greatly.
    Thanks and sorry for the long winded 'Question'.
    (Oh and if it makes any difference, I am a diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic which 'P' knows about already.)

Lin. x

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

For sure this is a wind up.
    Not even worthy of a reply saying it is a wind up!
    *back in your box Belle*

4. Masfar

Masfar New commenter

Is he made of cheese? Should have matured nicely by now..

If so, go for it..

5. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

it's just a guess, but I bet you're a Chrome user as well....?

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

This thread appears on other forums as well.

If she shags him I bet he will think all his Christmasses have come at once![​IMG]

7. Dunno mrs hyde might be a demon with the scalpel

8. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

this post deffo provided our staff room with entertainment this lunchtime!!

9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I'd fail on sending sufficient texts messages (nothing else of course).