1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ewww - speg!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kittylion, Apr 16, 2012.

1. kittylion

kittylion Senior commenter

Gross!! I have just got home and realised that some horrible child has spat out his/her chewing gum which has landed INSIDE my shoe - and my brand new trousers have stuck to it.

Now I have speg on my shoe, trousers and sock. I know in the past people have said to put stuff in the freezer, but this is the first time I have worn these - grrr.

Any suggestions please?

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Buy new shoes.
    Have trousers professionally dry-cleaned.
    Send bills for both to parents of child.

3. kittylion

If only I knew which child it was! And you know how difficult it is to get our sort of shoes Bethannie - grrrr!

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Do I want to know just exactly how they managed to get it in your shoes....had you taken them off for some reason?

5. kittylion

Ha ha - no (tee hee).

They are a sort of sandally mule thing and the speggly gum went down the back of my heel - I didn't realise till I got home.

Actually these aren't Hotters - Clarks I think.

6. Put the items in the freezer so that the gum hardens, and then it will come off