1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

EWCM question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by toeinwater, Jun 16, 2011.

1. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

I was just thinking, if EWCM is the right cm for sperm to travel in, but sperm can survive 5 days, surely the fifth day before ov wouldn't necessarily provide the right cm conditions for it to travel in in the first place. Am I talking nonsense here? Ok, so personally I probably get ewcm for about 3 days in a month around ov time; does that mean the sperm can only get to the right place whilst I've got ewcm anyway, so dtd (for ttc purposes) is pointless 4/5 days pre ov?
    Just one of many wonderments along the ttc road!

2. Hello,
    Sorry to jump on your post without being able to answer, but I am hoping that if an EWCM guru comes on here, they may be able to answer 2 posts at once! We have been trying for 8 months, and I seem to only get EWCM very late on (about 5 days before AF due) Does this mean it will automatically be harder to get pregnant? According to OV sticks, I do OV at around 16 days??? It is all so confusing and takes up a lot of my thoughts!
    Any gurus out there...your thoughts are very much appreciated!

3. Definitely wouldn't call myself a guru and, as I'm on my 15 month of ttc, I'm probably not the best person to hand out advice, but here goes:
    I'm one of those people that doesn't produce ANY ewcm. In fact, in 15 months, I'vwe only ever noticed it twice! The second time was this cycle and here's what I did:
    I drank lots more water (I usually go an entire day on 3/4 cups of tea and a small glass of juice at dinner). I now take a bottle to work and sip throughout the day and fill it up when I get home.
    I ate jelly up to OV (apparently it's meant to help!)
    I started to take the pregnacare original plus omega 3 tablets (also, ov was the last weekend/first day back after half term, so I was stress-free).
    After doing all this I noticed an increase in ewcm about 3/4 days before OV. I was also very horny (much to OH's delight) [​IMG].
    I don't know if it's worked, as I'm still on 2ww, but I definitely noticed a change.
    Sorry if this isn't helpful.

4. I am probably not going to be too helpful with my post here but it may be reassuring. I hardly noticed any EWCM and when I did it wasn't always at the time I would expect (ie around ov, I knew when I ov as used the digital sticks) but yet I got pregnant! [​IMG]
    So, I think for some women it is not always that noticeable. It was a cause of worry for me when I was ttc, but it may not actually be an issue. It remember being convinced that there must be something wrong as did not get EWCM and that month I got my BFP!
    Good luck ladies.

5. Thanks for your responses. I too drink barely anything, so it is something that I am really trying hard to change. Thanks also for your reassurance -a BFP with no EWCM is possible and I'm pleased about that! Now...off to make a drink!