1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ew!!! Chewing gum issue

Discussion in 'Personal' started by GemCarr, Jul 4, 2012.

1. GemCarr

GemCarr New commenter

Sitting innocently at my desk I have just had a horrible experience!! Some foul person (child or otherwise) has stuck chewing gum under the edge of the desk I sit at to use my computer!!! It is so disgusting!!!!!!!!!
    Horrified does not cover it!!!!!

2. Never mind chewiong gum- several times I had spittle or phlegm on my door handle awaiting me when I returned to my classroom after break or lunch. Dirty b astards . I hope life treats the gulty as they deserve

3. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

This makes me feel sick - literally my stomach is churning. How do you cope with this?
    Spitting is the lowest of the low.
    I put my hand on chewing gum on the back of a radiator at school earlier this week. Ugh! I had to de-contaminate myself immediately. This did not, however, turn my stomach as the phlegm/spittle would have done.

4. I don't have to cope any longer, as I'm retired, but I was disgusted at the time. all I could do was wipe my hand dry, and the door handle , then let the class enter and get on with the lesson. No-one had seen anything, of course, as usual.But it isn't just those with immature brains like teenagers who spit. I once returned to my car outside M & S to find phlegm on the driver's door. Some people, and I must assume they're male, are just dirty b astards