1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Evidencing Q7a and 7b

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by englishteach101, May 14, 2011.

1. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

Hi all,
    I'm struggling to get any evidence for these 2 standards in my lesson observations, and in the remaining few I have left I need to really make these obvious to the observers so I can get them signed off.
    Any suggestions as to how to get these standards to really scream 'I'm hitting them!' to an observer?
    These are the last 2 I'm struggling for evidence for, as all others are downing in a plethora of evidence, so they're fine.
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. Hi
    Q7a
    I am using notes and evidence from meetings with my SBT and host teachers. Where have you shown that you have reacted to feedback - show where you have met your targets and used these new found skills in lessons (stick a lesson plan in there from that). You'll have had observations where you have shown that you have taken feedback too.
    Every leson plan in my file has some sort of evaluation on it - most are just a few scribbled notes at the bottom on how well the lesson went, which bits worked and which bits didn't. This is my evaluation and self reflection (something which I'm rubbish at!)

Q7b
    Don't stress about this one. I didn't know what I'd be using for this until last week when we had a college session on it.
    Basically, we've been told that this is part of the 'Career Entry & Development Profile', which we were given last week - it's a reflection on where you have come to by the end of your training.
    You can look at it here: hhttp://www.tda.gov.uk/about/publications/basket/tda0876.aspx . All we have had to do is write some bullet points to answer Transition Point 1 (the questions on Pg8), and apparently that is our Training, Action and Reflection.

3. As above, 7(b) is the CEDP so don't worry about that for now.
    As for 7(a) you can't evidence that per se in a lesson. What you can do, however, is choose lessons where you have improved something which has been indentified in your mentor meetings or from another observation. You then put the original observation (which says "needs to improve on xxxxx") with the new one (and lesson plans, evals etc) to show that you've reflected on and improved your performance.

4. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

Thanks for answering that one, I'm sure I'll have plenty of that sort of stuff. I do a detailed (3 page) evaluation for every lesson that's observed, so I'm sure if I highlight some stuff from that it'll be fine.

Thanks,

Sam