1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Evidence needed

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by kittyfantastico09, May 30, 2016.

1. kittyfantastico09

kittyfantastico09 New commenter

Please help!

I am putting together an application for a SLE post and need to provide evidence for previous roles. I want to put down evidence from historical Ofsted and exam result data and have been looking online for this info. Is there a website I can look for old exam results? On the Ofsted website I seem to only be able to find 2 Ofsted reports but want to look back further for evidence.

Can anyone advise?

2. bob79

bob79 Occasional commenter

Normally your previous HoD or MIS dept would have this info. As a general rule of thumb request this annually along with success rates, retention and high grades and keep a log of your own, some institutions require it on the application form.

Middlemarch likes this.
  3. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood Occasional commenter

You won't find your class's exam results on any public website - can you imagine!? Identified by school, and by teacher!?

@bob79 is quite right that you need to get this from your own schools. It's a good idea in general to retain exam results of your teaching groups/departments for this very reason.

When they refer to 'historical Ofsted' I would assume they mean specific mentions of your area of responsibility in past Ofsted inspections. If your school was inspected & your department was highlighted as an area of strength, for example, a quote from the report saying so would be great. Otherwise, they want year-on-year exam results, generally taken from departmental results analyses each year.

The ideal is to be able to show a steady upward trend, though this isn't always the case (especially with small groups), so be prepared to explain your data whether it looks good or not. Drilling down (girls/boys, improved performance of minority groups identified in the department action plan, etc) is always a sign that someone knows their data.

If they've asked for this, they think it's an important part of the role and they want you to have a good understanding of it.