1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Evidence for reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by erinjunior, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Just a bit confussed I recently went on a moderation course where they basically told somebody on my table that she had too much evidence and that if she moderated them she would be asking questions!!!
    Now I am wondering how much evidence is the right amount. I keep a book for every child with photographs on my laptop (because of ink problems but it takes even longer) there is one or two pages for each area like D&A or calculating, post it notes and we fill out a chart every time we work with a child plus we have writing books. Is this enough? I hope so as i feel i am doing loads!!!

Thanks for looking

2. Just a bit confussed I recently went on a moderation course where they basically told somebody on my table that she had too much evidence and that if she moderated them she would be asking questions!!!
    Now I am wondering how much evidence is the right amount. I keep a book for every child with photographs on my laptop (because of ink problems but it takes even longer) there is one or two pages for each area like D&A or calculating, post it notes and we fill out a chart every time we work with a child plus we have writing books. Is this enough? I hope so as i feel i am doing loads!!!

Thanks for looking

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

It's not set in stone. There's no 'right amount' and it's more improtant that, if asked, you can show that you know the children in your care.
    I remember my HT almost shouting 'Eidence! Evidence! It's all about evidence!' after a particularly streeful SIP visit a few years ago.

Bl00dy hell.

4. I think we need to be realistic about the amount we keep and it's the quality of evidence that counts. If it's valuable and tells you information about the childs learning and can identify next steps in their learning or opportunites to broaden their experiences then it is relevant. Baring in mind the 80/20% balance on child initiated and adult initiated learning.