1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Evidence for NQT

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by Oursisthenqt, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Oursisthenqt

Oursisthenqt New commenter

What should be going in my evidence folder? I am just a little confused and trying to get on top of everything. Thanks.

2. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

It’s up to the NQT concerned, so long as they evidence that they are reaching the teaching standards by the end of the year.

I’d separate a folder into sections for TS1-8. Within each section you need to provide some evidence that you have met each subsection. What this is, is up to you - observations, feedback, notes from mentor meetings, photocopies of marking, lesson plans etc. Don’t be tempted to overload it; having too much in there is almost as bad as not having enough. Also have a section for your termly appraisals.

3. surfblue33

surfblue33 New commenter

I was told 3-4 pieces per standard. They can be annotated pieces of pupil work, lesson plans with resources and a few pieces or work, any tests you’ve written, marked work, evidence of parent evenings, emails to parents, seating plans with a note on why you’ve put certain pupils in a certain spot.
    Your NQT mentor will be able to give you plenty of ideas. My advice is to set up a folder with a section per standard, pop some Polly pockets in each section and then just put evidence in as you go through the year. At the end just tidy the whole thing up a bit and annotate. Done

peter12171 likes this.
  4. JJ83

JJ83 Occasional commenter

A piece of evidence for each teacher standard - How/When you achieved it
    Collate as you go along as if you wait until after Christmas you will not remember what you did and when

5. shinynewteacher

shinynewteacher New commenter

Totally up to your school. I'm an NQT and I don't have a folder or evidence. It's purely based on my observations and meetings. Ask your mentor