1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Evidence for Inspection

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by dz1, Sep 29, 2015.

1. dz1

dz1 New commenter

Hello anyone - hope you can help!
    What sort of evidence are you keeping to demonstrate the impact of support for students with SEND, aside from centrally held whole school progress data? We are expecting a section 5 any time soon and I want to create a hard copy evidence base and trail.
    Many thanks!

2. kimellis

kimellis New commenter

Firstly what assessment tool are you using with your SEND pupils? Are you following National Progression guidance? We had our inspection last December and I presented our CASPA data and we had also created flight paths so that we could demonstrate which pupils were BEP, EP and AEP. For pupils that were falling BEP I provided case study analysis, explaining what interventions had been applied and measuring the impact. Hope that helps but if you want further details on what we provided (we are a SEN school) PM me. Good luck.