1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Evidence For Each Of The Core Standards?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Pooh_1, Oct 18, 2008.

1. During my PGCE my university gave me a pre filled form which gave us examples of what kinds of things we could put down as evidence for meeting the standards. Has anyone got anything similar for the NQT Core Standards please? [​IMG]

2. During my PGCE my university gave me a pre filled form which gave us examples of what kinds of things we could put down as evidence for meeting the standards. Has anyone got anything similar for the NQT Core Standards please? [​IMG]

3. When you look at the core standards on the TDA website you will find examples of meeting the standards and questions to ask yourself about each one.

4. You shouldn't have to provide evidence for every standard, I have had lots of mine signed off yet don't have any physical or recorded evidence of how I have met them x

5. I don't have a form but just attended an NQT and mentor training course (I'm in Ealing) and was given an idea of diff types of evidence which you can double/triple up for diff standards:
    main evidence= mentor's obs forms
    photos, children's work, assembly script, your own observation notes on other teachers

written statements from other teachers about your contribution to planning meetings/workshops or TA about the way you manage them
    evaluations of weekly plans (just note a few next steps for chn's learning/what I'd do diff next time type things)
    risk assessments
    comments on school policies, how you will put policy into practice
    but...I was explicitly told it's not like the PGCE we're def not meant to keep reams and reams of evidence!!! (so don't worry about it too much)

6. oops forgot a rather important one...notes from training/INSET