1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Everyone gets a prize!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by gruoch, Dec 9, 2011.

1. gruoch

gruoch Established commenter

End of term assembly.
    Every kids has to get a certificate for something.
    Every kid!
    Nominations, please.

2. gruoch

gruoch Established commenter

End of term assembly.
    Every kids has to get a certificate for something.
    Every kid!
    Nominations, please.

3. from my class it would have to be:
    * the one who missed most of the first half of term yet still scored 86% in an end-of-topic test

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

Our head did this at the leavers assembly. To my law abiding, high achieving, keep his head down son (who she didn't like - I don't know why) she gave 'messiest drawer', and nothing else. Several other pain in the necks were given all kinds of lovely accolades. I was so cross and I've never forgiven her. But what a stupid thing anyway, to give them all an award for something. It's one of the wettest things in modern education.

5. Ugliest student award.

Strangest odor award.

Most likely to be on the dole in 20 years award.

Stupidest hair award (there's a year 11 boy I teach who should win this)

I could go on but I fear they could become more personal...

6. barneystinson

barneystinson New commenter

Being in school award.

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The girl in my yr 11 form (who I have never met) who has not been at our school since yr 8 and has 100% attendance. She actually gets certificates put in my register!

We always have spoof awards for the yr 11 leavers. We print off certificates but also project them onto the big screen so everyone gets to see them.

Things like the Ooompa Loompa awards for the most orange students. CoCo the clown awards for the most makeup. Legs 11 award for shortest skirt, best lateness excuses, most exotic hair colour, most times a mobile has been confiscated, most embelished school uniform etc. I work in a girls school by the way.