1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Everyday irritations

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Jun 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

A bird has pooped all over my lovely line of clean washing. It's aim and spread are admirable but I'm doubly irritated because the forecast is for rain later so I won't even get it dry second time around!

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I feel your pain!!

My car has metallic paint and, if not removed ASAP, bird poo can damage the surface. Of course, we have the best still to come-when they have gorged on elderberries and the droppings resemble dark pink blancmange in colour and drying concrete in consistency!

delnon, Flere-Imsaho and drvs like this.
  3. drvs

drvs Star commenter

These are what a colleague of mine refers to as "first world problems" while failing to acknowledge that they're still problems to their owners!

I'm going with the driver in front who dawdles up to the green traffic light and passes serenely through just as it changes, leaving me stuck at the red light. Every day. Without fail.

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Or doesn't notice for a while sitting there not moving, then just gets through themselves leaving everyone else to wait for another go.

delnon and drvs like this.
  5. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Why do I always get stuck behind the one on the ferry who switches his engine on as soon as he gets to the car and just sits there for a quarter of an hour with his foot on the brake pedal?
    And then leaves his foot on the brake pedal when we start to disembark...

6. Alceanne

Alceanne Occasional commenter

The starlings who have broken into our house through the gable and are nesting between the inner and outer house wall just at the height of the downstairs ceiling. I think the nest must be built on top of the kitchen extract fan pipe.

Not only are the chicks extremely noisy, and the adult birds make a really unnerving scrabbling noise getting down to them, their situation means that their noise is equally clear in the kitchen and one of the bedrooms. All day and all night. To add insult to injury the adults sit on the house roof and drop vast quantities of purple poop just outside the back door.

I must admit that I wouldn't be a starling parent for anything. The chicks never sleep - they just screech endlessly. They don't object to the the kitchen extract going on and off (sadly, the gentle vibration seems to do nothing for their somnalence). They seem to quite like the radio, though...

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

drvs likes this.
  8. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Bird poo on the front room windows, especially when I've just paid the window cleaner.

9. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

People in front of you at the self checkout who don't know how to use a self checkout.

There's another queue for you over there - IT'S CALLED THE REGULAR F'ING CHECKOUT

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Bird poo on the back upper windows over the conservatory that you can't reach and can't open the window enough to be able to get at.

11. drvs

drvs Star commenter

Yes! Reminds me of another ... people who rock up to the self checkout with an overloaded trolley and take half an hour to process everything. Not dissimilar to the ones who take the trolley to the "10 items or less" checkout and insist on service.

lanokia and T0nyGT like this.
  12. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

The staff in Waitrose who have been trained to be friendly and take so b l o o d y long chatting but seem oblivious to the queue. Fine in a quiet shop but when it's busy :mad::mad::mad:.

grumpydogwoman and Flere-Imsaho like this.
  13. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

May I add, those who join the queue for the manned checkout, stand in the line for X amount of time, gazing into the middle distance, organise their stuff through, and then seem totally surprised when they have to pay!!

Open handbag-usually the size to take the luggage for a family of four on a week's holiday.

Rummage

Rummage some more

Find purse(YAY!!!!!!)

Look though cash

Decide there's not enough, eventually

Rummage in bag for card wallet

Eventually find it

Pay!!

Engage in 'Oh So Important' conversation.

By this time I'm ready to rip their throat out with my teeth.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

14. drvs

drvs Star commenter

So. Supermarkets are irritating then. ;)

How about the folks at the checkout who can't take their eyes off their phones for long enough to free 2 hands to pack their bags???

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

People with drives facing onto busy roads who blindly reverse out of them, expecting everyone on the road to give way. Why TF can't they reverse into them?

All those who on seeing a roadworks sign warning of a blocked lane 800 yards (ie half a mile) ahead stampede like panicked sheep into the other lane(s) as fast as they can, often causing the traffic behind them to back up as they do so. Instead they should be using the remainder of their lane to help minimise the congestion then calmly merging alternately closer to the cones. Trouble is, you try doing that and see how many laser beam stares you attract for being un-British and 'jumping the queue'. It isn't a sodding queueing competition, it's a carriageway for carrying traffic and nobody's making any good use of it. There's even some total ****heads who'll straddle two lanes to prevent you from being un-British. Pathetic.

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

People who sit in the outside lane and sit there, owning it... as traffic builds up behind them.

Articulated lorries overtaking each other on the A1[M]. [other dual carriageways too but I speak from experience]

delnon likes this.
  17. armandine2

armandine2 Established commenter

A guide dog for the blind owner leaves behind his dog's mess at the tram stop - not sure I want to see him on his hands and knees scooping it up; it has though been foot spread quite quickly. First time in all my years I have witnessed such a thing - I guess it doesn't get cleared up, rain is due though.

18. drvs

drvs Star commenter

19. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

The dogs are trained to go before they leave home. It must have been very desperate.

20. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I would really feel sorry for you but for the fact that I haven't seen sunshine for two days now (and it's not forecast to get better)
    And consequently I am having to dry my washing indoors (again)

It has been too wet to go out and play with my favourite toy...... well I did but the wet grass made it fly funny so my only relief has been my (shared) new toy.
    Which merely turns my hands a bright purple in those condition as the colour runs.....
    :mad: