1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Every year...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Bethannie, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I packed all my Christmas stuff away at the weekend.
    The boxes have been dragged into the cubby hole, ready to be unpacked again in about 11 months time.
    Then, this morning I went to put a couple of books onto the book shelf and there is a small reindeer on top!
    Why does this always happen? Every year! I think I've packed it all up and then a day or so later I find something I missed!

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I packed all my Christmas stuff away at the weekend.
    The boxes have been dragged into the cubby hole, ready to be unpacked again in about 11 months time.
    Then, this morning I went to put a couple of books onto the book shelf and there is a small reindeer on top!
    Why does this always happen? Every year! I think I've packed it all up and then a day or so later I find something I missed!

3. bizent

bizent Star commenter

We packed away all our stuff and then when I was doing the hoovering I discovered two baubles under the sofa. God only knows!!!

4. I just end up opening the loft hatch and throwing them vaguely in the direction of where I put the decs lol in the hope that Ill remember in December which I wont!

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Does Bauble know there is another, and What I may ask was he doing under your sofa?

6. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

LOL: I had packed and boxed all mine away. In the processing emptying the half tree that is on the wall in the hall. I managed to have the half tree up for three days afterwards, without even noticing it was there! I only live in a one bedroom flat too!

7. When I unpacked our decorations to put up this year I found a cheque for £25 for my son and a crisp £10 note!
    Last year we were hoping to have moved but didn't in time for Christmas so things were a bit haphazard but you'd think HE would have noticed! (He was 17 this time last year.)

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I think cheques only have a 6 month life so it may bounce if you try to pay it in.

9. I always forget something too - this year my Christmas stuff was all packed away early as I was staying elsewhere from BoxingDay on. I only noticed that I'd left the 'Santa, stop here' sign outside in the planter when I went back to school last week.

10. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I always put all my Christmas stuff away on New Year's Day as I can't bear the thought of it being up when I go back to school! I nearly forgot my Christmas tea towels - had to put them in with some bedding - hope I don't forget for next year.