1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Every single teacher should read this thread on Mumsnet

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Robsia, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

taut?

2. Let's do a masha...tort.

3. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Tawt ? ~ already imagining the mumsnet thread " teachers can't even spell taught and are debating correct spelling on tes"~

4. We must introduce them to masha.

5. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I wonder how she'd spell Ptolemy?

6. Or Roopet?
    Or Persefoni?

7. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

That would be too cruel, given that they're already lumbered with QT. [​IMG]

8. Ohhhhhhhh, no, it would have to be Perseffoni. Cos one f would make the o long.

9. Did I ever claim to be nice? [​IMG]

10. Nope, thought again.
    It would have to be Pseffoni.

11. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Kilee, Britnee, Browgan, Brayden, Deejay, Seejay and Beejay, Jays, Jayden, tiffany -jay, jayd, lowgen - she'd love my kids, maybe Masha is on of the disaffected British underclass?

12. She would have a right bother with the spellings of my kids names - they are Celtic, tee hee!
    I'll PM them you for a laugh.

13. I think I've found a new addiction: Mumsnet. Can't get enough of the teacher criticism threads. Just as well there are so many to choose from. My god their children are precious! When did parents become so over-sensitive. Too much homework, not enough homework, wrong type of homework. Missing jumpers and coats are good enough reason to demand meeting with head and chair of governors.

I particularly liked the parent that was furious that her dyslexic son was upset because the teacher made him call out his test scores. It apparently made him feel 'more thicker.' However, she was only aware how upset he was when another parent informed her of the situation.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I can remember one teacher who gave me the part of the Inspector to read during Eng.Lit. Not sure what the play was but this guy had a lot to say. I had a really bad speech impediment then and hated doing that. Sometimes it does pay to be aware of how a pupil might feel.
    Still I also love Mumsnet - interesting to see how parents feel.

15. HarveyMarsh

HarveyMarsh New commenter

Well, I agree with you, it looks and really very strange. I do not know what they think of themselves. Well, the teacher's profession is still to be. Maybe someone just wants to become a teacher.

16. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Why did you just raise an 8 year old thread ?

Idiot.

And an illiterate idiot to boot.

nomad likes this.
  17. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Please refrain from posting on old threads. Bumping up historic content can be confusing for forum members to follow the topic and can divert attention from new and current queries. Please feel free to start a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.