1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Every single teacher should read this thread on Mumsnet

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Robsia, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

God I hate smug mums. The ones whobrag about how gifted their little darlings (LDs?) are. I secretly ( no openly) hope their kids grow up to be drop outs with tattoos and piercings and a thirst for strongbow.

2. Lily, you should read the "Wot no text books?" thread on there (Secondary Education).
    It is quite jolly. I stopped when I spluttered coffee over my keyboard on reading the comment (from a teacher) that it is more difficult to graffiti penises on a IWB than a text book.
    [​IMG]

3. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

You've got to love QT though.
    MNperson - What's a QT?
    QT: Qualified Teacher

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

ROTFL!

5. ROFLMAO.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Yes, but it was our lamented, lost troll QT who said that.

7. Good gracious, quite safe, seren! I shan't be going to the trouble of registering with the online equivalent of the Daily Mail "Femail" section!
    I'd like those posters who hide behind an alternative username to be a bit less chicken though.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

...which you pointed out if only I'd read it properly. [​IMG]

9. ewwww, yuck! Did you read today's startling headline?
    "Clever girl! A new look without breaking the bank for the new First Lady of Labour".
    Can it get any more patronising?

10. someone on here has apparantly been bragging about how when she goes out with her daughter, they're mistaken for sisters - according to page 6 - come on - 'fess up - who was it?

11. LOL, is QT having a rampage?

12. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Oh, I think he's been gracing Mumsnet with his presence for some time. [​IMG]

13. This thread has made me laugh today. I just found the 'shocked by the hatred of kids and parents on TES' thread on Mumsnet and and having so much fun reading it!

14. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

What's not to like about kids, parents and teachers?
    They are particularly endearing when you mix them together.

[​IMG]

15. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I wouldn't say I hate them per se ( being a parent myself) I just dislike the smug yummy mummies who think they know how to do my job when I know that they can't control their only brat so would last 5 minutes in the classroom. And I dislike spoiled children, although I realise it isn't the child's fault.

16. I know we are not really supposed to do all that again about names and implications (and hey, my son has a "naughty boy name")...
    but when I was teaching in my last IS school, I had a pupil called Jasper.
    I don't think I need to say more. His sister, btw, was called Persephone.
    They were horrors.

17. Lily you are famous now. How funny that they are talking about you there! Curlygirly - I agree.

18. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

give me Britney, Kylie, Teejay, Beejay, Deejay and Saracen ( I kid you not) anyday over Ptolemy and Rupert!

19. Oh, yes, I have tought two Ruperts. Floppy hair and big mouths. Both of them.
    I know, one should not generalise *slaps wrists*.

20. *ahem*
    taught.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.