1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Every criteria marked off on outstanding but still given good

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by bluey9, May 21, 2011.

1. bluey9

bluey9 New commenter

Hello I recently had a lesson observation by my head judged on the ofsted criteria, every thing on the outstanding section was highlighted but i was still only given good. should I appeal, is this right?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Appeal to whom?
    If you mean, 'Should I ask the head for clarification as to what I should have done in order for it to be judged outstanding', then why not?
    But there's no 'right of appeal' on a lesson observation.

3. Perhaps the judgement lies within pupil progress over time? Didn't you talk about the lesson afterwards? Ask to discuss it whilst it is fresh in everyone's mind for your professional development so you can find out how to move forward. Ask the Head to return in a month when you feel you've met some of the next steps. Be positive about it. You've done pretty well already!

4. do you really care what your head thing-s/he are probably hopeless at teaching anyway

5. A Head teacher's responsibility is to train/teach/guide teachers to benefit pupils. This comes from experience of teaching but also experience of training teachers. Why the low opinion of Head teachers? Sour grapes?

6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Did you write a post full of basic errors as some kind of post-modernist, ironic statement on the quality of the people who taught you?

7. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

probably.
    Funny that brain jim is so critical, he's often posted some very basic questions on this particular forum. Why would he ask for our opinion if he holds usin such low esteem?