1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Every cloud......

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by lizziescat, Nov 3, 2015.

1. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Am suffering from a foul cold, cough, sore throat and toothache. But each day I remember how in the past I would have dragged myself in to confront 30 x 5 lots of 'expecting to be inspired/entertained students whilst all I could think of was 'bed'. Now I can just smile as I snuggle down with radio 4 and drift in and out of sleep until it is (hopefully soon) all over.

Any other unexpected benefits?

2004ajd likes this.
  2. chrisonabike

chrisonabike New commenter

Don't forget that you are also avoiding the planning, the marking, the latest form of assessment, the training days, the staff meetings, those Sunday nights..... Even a year and a bit on, just being in charge of my own time feels delicious. Hope you get better soon!

TheaPine and lizziescat like this.
  3. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

oooh yes. I forgot. I didn't have to drag myself from my sick bed to try to provide some (vaguely relevant) work, which didn't require subject specific knowledge, understanding of the group's/ individual's needs and teacher skills Then try to go back to sleep (in vain)

TheaPine likes this.