1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Every Child Matters-Does this still exist?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by catwoman green, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Hope someone can help, I am a teacher but am not teaching at the moment, instead I am working with a child with Autism. Her mother is applying for a statement of special needs and was told by someone in our local council that the Every Child Matters document no longer applies to schools. Is this true? I only finished teaching last October and find it hard to believe that it is no longer in force.

Thanks[​IMG]

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

3. See also;
    http://www.cypnow.co.uk/go/careers/article/1021116/government-clarifies-ban-every-child-matters/
    Not sure what you mean by ECM being 'in force' - I thought it was a set of principles.

4. You're joking, elsiep. It was an Ofsted 'focus'. That made demonstrating adherence to 'the principles' obligatory unless you wanted your school to die...[​IMG]

5. I believe it is.......