1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Evaluating effectiveness of provision

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Sue2007, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Sue2007

Sue2007 New commenter

Hello,
    Please could somebody share the ways they currently evaluate the effectiveness of provision provided outside of the classroom? This provision is largely small group interventions led by a teaching assistant. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I think you need to be secure in the language you use re the outcomes / success criteria linked to the interventions in situ - so no ambiguity ? Also need to have focused PM targets for your TAs and undertake observations.

We used to ask the TAs to nominate a part of their session / in class support and then feedback ( formal, fair and non threatening ) which provided evidence of strengths and areas for development .

AFL was a massive whole school priority at the time so made sense to concentrate on for example ...,learning objectives / feedback / questioning / starter / plenary blah blah. .... I am sure I have some examples of documentation and success criteria I could send if you think it would help . Let me know and I shall PM you ..,Crucial I think to get this right re accountability, CPD, student progress, and ensuring value for money ..

Sue2007 likes this.
  3. Sue2007

Sue2007 New commenter

Thank you. That really helps.