1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

eustachian tube dysfunction

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by sadandconfused, Aug 30, 2011.

1. anybody ever suffered from this? Treated it? It's driving me mad!

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yep, mine are kinky, apparently!

Beconase and Sudafed are about all I can use...

3. do you suffer permanently? Mine's probably linked to my hay fever which unusually wasn't that bad this year. Wondering how long the decongestants might take to kick in

4. lilachardy

Not constantly, but yes, it's with me for life. Beconase works more than Sudafed.
    You can use Beconase all the time through the hayfever season (best to get started early!), but Sudafed you can only use for a few days at a time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Mine are particularly narrow, apparently. For some bizarre reason I haven't needed my hearing aid since my heart attack but then again I haven't had a cold since then so it remains to be seen if I'll suffer my usual weeks of congestion and deafness this winter.

6. What are the symptoms of this? I am curious because I suffer dreadfully with my sinuses and my inner ears are always full of air pressure like most people get when taking off and landing in an aeroplane but I have it all the time. I thought it was related to hayfever but I might go to the GP if it looks like it's anything more.

7. lilachardy

Snot in your ears, essentially, meaning you can't hear.

8. OK that's not me-mine must be down to something else then.